The music industry is quick to place artists in a box, or “lane” as the kids say, so that they be easily classified and understood. Kid Ink has a lane but, as he explains, it is “My Own Lane,” and it offers sufficient leeway for him to swerve between styles like Lindsey Lohan after a few drinks on the highway. The RCA signee chooses a laid-back, calm, cool, and collected style for the latest single off his upcoming album. Atop producer Ned Cameron’s foggy beat, which features a few layered samples (including spooky choral vocals), Ink’s casual, yet crisp and cutting flow sounds right at home. My Own Lane is the title track off Ink’s debut, due out early next year.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.