The music industry is quick to place artists in a box, or “lane” as the kids say, so that they be easily classified and understood. Kid Ink has a lane but, as he explains, it is “My Own Lane,” and it offers sufficient leeway for him to swerve between styles like Lindsey Lohan after a few drinks on the highway. The RCA signee chooses a laid-back, calm, cool, and collected style for the latest single off his upcoming album. Atop producer Ned Cameron’s foggy beat, which features a few layered samples (including spooky choral vocals), Ink’s casual, yet crisp and cutting flow sounds right at home. My Own Lane is the title track off Ink’s debut, due out early next year.
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.