The music industry is quick to place artists in a box, or “lane” as the kids say, so that they be easily classified and understood. Kid Ink has a lane but, as he explains, it is “My Own Lane,” and it offers sufficient leeway for him to swerve between styles like Lindsey Lohan after a few drinks on the highway. The RCA signee chooses a laid-back, calm, cool, and collected style for the latest single off his upcoming album. Atop producer Ned Cameron’s foggy beat, which features a few layered samples (including spooky choral vocals), Ink’s casual, yet crisp and cutting flow sounds right at home. My Own Lane is the title track off Ink’s debut, due out early next year.
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.