The music industry is quick to place artists in a box, or “lane” as the kids say, so that they be easily classified and understood. Kid Ink has a lane but, as he explains, it is “My Own Lane,” and it offers sufficient leeway for him to swerve between styles like Lindsey Lohan after a few drinks on the highway. The RCA signee chooses a laid-back, calm, cool, and collected style for the latest single off his upcoming album. Atop producer Ned Cameron’s foggy beat, which features a few layered samples (including spooky choral vocals), Ink’s casual, yet crisp and cutting flow sounds right at home. My Own Lane is the title track off Ink’s debut, due out early next year.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.