Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Believe it or not, Bossin’ Up has its drawbacks—foremost among them, the jealousy that one’s rising status is sure to inspire in one’s rivals. On the latest single off his RCA Records debut EP, Kid Ink shakes his head at the crab-in-a-bucket mentality exhibited by those around him: “Money and the Power / Once you get a little they just want to take you down.” Of course, the Los Angeles native isn’t about to let a little thing like that stop him from getting his shine on. Over N4 and Ned Cameron‘s rubbery synths, Ink makes clear that he’s been “goin’ hard for too long” to let anyone impede his hustle, or his enjoyment of the rewards thereof. Released last week and currently sitting at #1 on the Booth’s Albums Chart, the Almost Home EP is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Kid Ink’s Alex Nazari-directed Money and Power visual.
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.