Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Believe it or not, Bossin’ Up has its drawbacks—foremost among them, the jealousy that one’s rising status is sure to inspire in one’s rivals. On the latest single off his RCA Records debut EP, Kid Ink shakes his head at the crab-in-a-bucket mentality exhibited by those around him: “Money and the Power / Once you get a little they just want to take you down.” Of course, the Los Angeles native isn’t about to let a little thing like that stop him from getting his shine on. Over N4 and Ned Cameron‘s rubbery synths, Ink makes clear that he’s been “goin’ hard for too long” to let anyone impede his hustle, or his enjoyment of the rewards thereof. Released last week and currently sitting at #1 on the Booth’s Albums Chart, the Almost Home EP is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Kid Ink’s Alex Nazari-directed Money and Power visual.
Written by richard on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.