Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Believe it or not, Bossin’ Up has its drawbacks—foremost among them, the jealousy that one’s rising status is sure to inspire in one’s rivals. On the latest single off his RCA Records debut EP, Kid Ink shakes his head at the crab-in-a-bucket mentality exhibited by those around him: “Money and the Power / Once you get a little they just want to take you down.” Of course, the Los Angeles native isn’t about to let a little thing like that stop him from getting his shine on. Over N4 and Ned Cameron‘s rubbery synths, Ink makes clear that he’s been “goin’ hard for too long” to let anyone impede his hustle, or his enjoyment of the rewards thereof. Released last week and currently sitting at #1 on the Booth’s Albums Chart, the Almost Home EP is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Kid Ink’s Alex Nazari-directed Money and Power visual.
Written by richard on 09/13/13
The new EP from Kid Ink may be titled Almost Home, but I think its now safe to say Ink, is already home. While the sample size might be small, as there are only six cuts on the project, The RCA signee displays a confidence on...
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)