Usually, when someone’s looking for “the one” they scour their local book store, hit up the mall, or visit one of several other locales, but not Kid Ink. In the music video for his newest single Is It You, the Los Angeles rapper opts to hold a casting call in order to find “the one.” As part of the Grizz Lee-directed visuals, Ink and his homeboys get their Simon Cowell on as they screen a number of beautiful ladies. The video, which Ink shares was a “fun video all around,” easily reflects the lighthearted nature of the song and The Amazinz’ bouncy production. Is It You is featured on the DJBooth regular’s Up & Away album, which is currently available for purchase on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.