Usually, when someone’s looking for “the one” they scour their local book store, hit up the mall, or visit one of several other locales, but not Kid Ink. In the music video for his newest single Is It You, the Los Angeles rapper opts to hold a casting call in order to find “the one.” As part of the Grizz Lee-directed visuals, Ink and his homeboys get their Simon Cowell on as they screen a number of beautiful ladies. The video, which Ink shares was a “fun video all around,” easily reflects the lighthearted nature of the song and The Amazinz’ bouncy production. Is It You is featured on the DJBooth regular’s Up & Away album, which is currently available for purchase on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.