Usually, when someone’s looking for “the one” they scour their local book store, hit up the mall, or visit one of several other locales, but not Kid Ink. In the music video for his newest single Is It You, the Los Angeles rapper opts to hold a casting call in order to find “the one.” As part of the Grizz Lee-directed visuals, Ink and his homeboys get their Simon Cowell on as they screen a number of beautiful ladies. The video, which Ink shares was a “fun video all around,” easily reflects the lighthearted nature of the song and The Amazinz’ bouncy production. Is It You is featured on the DJBooth regular’s Up & Away album, which is currently available for purchase on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.