There’s no point in putting on a front when you’re dealing with Kid Ink; with one look into your eyes, the RCA Records hitmaker will pierce straight through your façade. On his latest promo single, released at the top of August, the emcee lets us know just how skilled he is at sniffing out haters and fakes. Soundz provides a whip-ready synth-sample beat to back the record, which comes complete with a self-assured guest 16 by Casey Veggies. Born Original‘s official visuals, shot in L.A.‘s notoriously fashionable Fairfax area, round out the package. This joint is not attached to any larger project, but those craving more from Kid Ink are encouraged to take a listen to Show Me, the current single off his unscheduled My Own Lane LP.
Written by richard on 09/29/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.