Someone should tell Kid Ink that it’s Christmas time and not Halloween, because, evidently, he wants to go Ghost. Setting the tone for this goblin-centered cut is a foggy, haunting beat crafted by producer Kyle Justice. While Justice’s beat swoons, Ink parallels the ambient sound with a rough, cutting flow, which he uses to inform us of his plans to hop in his car and vanish. With his questionable driving techniques (smoking a J while steering with his knees), Ink’s ghosting is sure to spook fellow motorists. For more ghastly jawns, check out Kid Ink’s Rocketshipshawty mixtape, available for free stream/download on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.