Someone should tell Kid Ink that it’s Christmas time and not Halloween, because, evidently, he wants to go Ghost. Setting the tone for this goblin-centered cut is a foggy, haunting beat crafted by producer Kyle Justice. While Justice’s beat swoons, Ink parallels the ambient sound with a rough, cutting flow, which he uses to inform us of his plans to hop in his car and vanish. With his questionable driving techniques (smoking a J while steering with his knees), Ink’s ghosting is sure to spook fellow motorists. For more ghastly jawns, check out Kid Ink’s Rocketshipshawty mixtape, available for free stream/download on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.