While it isn’t everything, social media status is an important piece of the puzzle for an artist in today’s music industry. If you are still using Geocities, you need some work, but if you are like Kid Ink, you’re doing just fine. Last week, after reaching 1 million “Likes” on Facebook, the RCA Records recording artist found himself Fired Up and decided to release a celebratory song (to thank the fans, of course). On the bona fide smokers anthem, Marvel Hitz establishes a lively vibe with a chiming and swooning production. Atop the beat, Ink’s swaying, blunted flow fits like a glove and sets off the smoky ambiance. On the back end, Ink is joined by hip-hop (and marijuana) veteran Styles P, who drops some expert knowledge on the subject. Unlike current single Show Me, Fired Up won’t appear on the Cali native’s January-bound debut, My Own Lane.
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.