While it isn’t everything, social media status is an important piece of the puzzle for an artist in today’s music industry. If you are still using Geocities, you need some work, but if you are like Kid Ink, you’re doing just fine. Last week, after reaching 1 million “Likes” on Facebook, the RCA Records recording artist found himself Fired Up and decided to release a celebratory song (to thank the fans, of course). On the bona fide smokers anthem, Marvel Hitz establishes a lively vibe with a chiming and swooning production. Atop the beat, Ink’s swaying, blunted flow fits like a glove and sets off the smoky ambiance. On the back end, Ink is joined by hip-hop (and marijuana) veteran Styles P, who drops some expert knowledge on the subject. Unlike current single Show Me, Fired Up won’t appear on the Cali native’s January-bound debut, My Own Lane.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/24/13
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.