While it isn’t everything, social media status is an important piece of the puzzle for an artist in today’s music industry. If you are still using Geocities, you need some work, but if you are like Kid Ink, you’re doing just fine. Last week, after reaching 1 million “Likes” on Facebook, the RCA Records recording artist found himself Fired Up and decided to release a celebratory song (to thank the fans, of course). On the bona fide smokers anthem, Marvel Hitz establishes a lively vibe with a chiming and swooning production. Atop the beat, Ink’s swaying, blunted flow fits like a glove and sets off the smoky ambiance. On the back end, Ink is joined by hip-hop (and marijuana) veteran Styles P, who drops some expert knowledge on the subject. Unlike current single Show Me, Fired Up won’t appear on the Cali native’s January-bound debut, My Own Lane.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/24/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.