Some of you 9-5ers might see the title of Kid Ink’s latest feature and run the other way for fear of yet another person telling you what to do. Hopefully you stuck around, though, because I don’t think that’s exactly what Ink means when he says he is Bossin’ Up. Over the hazy production of producer Lifted, Ink uses a slicing flow to rattle off a few club-friendly, IDGAF bars. French Montana, who has been quite busy lately with the release of his Excuse My French LP, and A$AP Ferg (in that order) join in on the fun, giving the cut a grimy vibe thanks to their against-the-grain, staggered flows. Like last week’s Sunset, Bossin’ Up is slated to appear on Ink’s Almost Home EP, due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.