Some of you 9-5ers might see the title of Kid Ink’s latest feature and run the other way for fear of yet another person telling you what to do. Hopefully you stuck around, though, because I don’t think that’s exactly what Ink means when he says he is Bossin’ Up. Over the hazy production of producer Lifted, Ink uses a slicing flow to rattle off a few club-friendly, IDGAF bars. French Montana, who has been quite busy lately with the release of his Excuse My French LP, and A$AP Ferg (in that order) join in on the fun, giving the cut a grimy vibe thanks to their against-the-grain, staggered flows. Like last week’s Sunset, Bossin’ Up is slated to appear on Ink’s Almost Home EP, due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.