Some of you 9-5ers might see the title of Kid Ink’s latest feature and run the other way for fear of yet another person telling you what to do. Hopefully you stuck around, though, because I don’t think that’s exactly what Ink means when he says he is Bossin’ Up. Over the hazy production of producer Lifted, Ink uses a slicing flow to rattle off a few club-friendly, IDGAF bars. French Montana, who has been quite busy lately with the release of his Excuse My French LP, and A$AP Ferg (in that order) join in on the fun, giving the cut a grimy vibe thanks to their against-the-grain, staggered flows. Like last week’s Sunset, Bossin’ Up is slated to appear on Ink’s Almost Home EP, due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
The new EP from Kid Ink may be titled Almost Home, but I think its now safe to say Ink, is already home. While the sample size might be small, as there are only six cuts on the project, The RCA signee displays a confidence on...
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.