Fresh off signing with RCA Records, Kid Ink is undoubtedly feeling like a little bit of a badass. The West Coast repper’s own style, toughness and cocky attitude, however, aren’t the main focus of his major-label debut single; instead, the record finds him coming together with Maybach Music reppers Wale and Meek Mill to feast his eyes on some literal Bad Asses at his local gentlemen’s club. Devin Cruise provides an appropriately sultry, bass-bumping backdrop for this paean to the female anatomy, layering eight-bit synths and high-pitched vocals samples over a hi-hat heavy trap rhythm. There’s been no word yet on a major-label debut from Kid Ink but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Kid Ink’s Alex Nazari-directed Bad Ass visual.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.