Originally released to widespread acclaim back in January, the hit lead single off Kid Ink‘s freshman set has, predictably enough, received the official remix treatment. Rather than going the traditional route and fortifying Bad Ass with a random assortment of heavyweight guests, the artist had decided to keep it local for this version of the record, recruiting two of his most buzzworthy Los Angeles colleagues. In addition to fresh bars from Booth faves Problem and YG, the joint has received a full-blown production makeover courtesy of Mike Maven and KB. While only the latter beatsmith considers himself a L.A. representative (the former hails from Georgia), their slow-rolling rhythm section and “funky worm” synths imbue the joint with an unmistakable Left Coast vibe. Could this remix be even badder-assed than the original? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Ink’s RCA Records debut has yet to receive a solid drop date from the label brass. While you wait for further details, you can click here to check out the artist’s newly-released “Behind the Booth” interview with our own Jacques Morel.
Written by richard on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.