Somewhere out there, there’s a perfect man or woman for each of us. Of course, most of us have to be satisfied with rough approximations—even assuming that you and your soulmate are alive at the same moment in history, the odds that you’ll ever cross paths and have a language in common are pretty damn miniscule. Booth newcomer, Kid Famous, however, thinks he just might be among that lucky fraction of a percentage who do spark up a romance with that one-in-seven-billion individual. On freshly-minted promo cut Anonymous Girl, Nasty Beatmakers’ radio-ready production bangs in the back as the Orlando hip-popster rhapsodizes about a female who’s so perfectly-matched with him, it’s kinda scary. Booth regular and Columbia Records signee T. Mills lends his mic skills to the middle, marveling at a certain shawty’s bathroom-mirror pic, and Shad Star ties the whole package together with a starry-eyed, singalong hook. Whether or not the girl in question is really Kid Famous’ one true love (I’m crossing my fingers, if not holding my breath), I have feeling this record will mark the beginning of a long and happy relationship with listeners in the Booth and beyond. If you’re digging it, keep it locked to our front page for more from the O-Town buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 05/9/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.