If the rap game were a hill, The Kid Daytona would be the King… or would he be the fool? It all depends on your perspective, I guess. Despite beginning with a sampled rendition of the chorus from a certain Beatles classic, new single On the Hill finds the Bronx up-and-comer/freestyle series contributor sounding as witty and assured as ever; backed by the breezy jazz boardwork of Booth favorite (and fellow freestyle series participant) 6th Sense, Daytona drops verses packed with laid-back braggadocio. Rather than sticking with any particular topic, the artist spends most of the track jumping from one tangentially related image to another, but it’s hard to fault his stream-of-consciousness approach when the results are this entertaining: “My ego could fill the hole in Ground Zero, rollin’ round, windows down temp 20 below / Psh, they still sweatin’ me though / These n*ggas’ whole style resemble the fro on Tito.” Fans should keep it locked for the latest on LRG Presents: The Interlude, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: Daytona
Written by richard on 07/14/10
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.