Whether your drug of choice is music or Mary Jane (or both), I’m guessing you know exactly what it’s like to have one of those days. One of which days? You know, one of those days when you just wanna get Lifted, and leave your worries and cares far behind. Sound like today? Then this cut, the latest mixtape leak from The Kid Daytona, should be just the thing to elevate your mood. Backed by NVME‘s blissfully relaxing, sax-sampled production, the freestyle series alum and recent Booth interviewee free-associates his way through bars as engagingly scatterbrained as fans have come to expect. On the middle, D-Block vet Styles P. steps up to the mic to deliver some blunt, and blunted, reflections of his own, riffing on the classic weed-flight analogy (“Superman, but I left my cape in the booth though.”), and up-and-coming crooner Vaughn Anthony (previously heard on Crooked I‘s Let Me Buy You a Drink) delivers the coup de grace in the form of a smooth R&B chorus. Craving more uplifting joints (pun intended) from the Bronx native? Seek and you shall find on Daytona’s forthcoming The Interlude mixtape, due out tomorrow via LRG.
Written by richard on 11/15/10
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.