Feeling fatigued, but just can’t seem to catch any Z’s? I feel for you, but you may want to look elsewhere for an insomnia cure (the combination of Nyquil and 18th-century German philosophy always seems to work wonders for me). Despite what the title of Bronx-repping up-and-comer The Kid Daytona‘s latest mixtape leak may suggest, Fly Lullaby is simply too dope to snooze through. While Booth mainstay 9th Wonder‘s keyboard-percussion instrumental plays (hey, is that the break from Bob James’ Take Me to the Mardi Gras that I hear?), the freestyle series alumnus’ free-association rhymes are guaranteed to grab lyrical heads’ attention. In between waxing poetic about the pleasures of women and weed, Daytona manages to drop references to everyone and everything from Devin Harris, to the chick from Precious, to Steve Harvey’s mustache. Like what you’re hearing? More blunted yet intellectually stimulating hip-hop goodness awaits on The Kid Daytona’s LRG-presented Interlude street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net November 2.
Written by richard on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.