Feeling fatigued, but just can’t seem to catch any Z’s? I feel for you, but you may want to look elsewhere for an insomnia cure (the combination of Nyquil and 18th-century German philosophy always seems to work wonders for me). Despite what the title of Bronx-repping up-and-comer The Kid Daytona‘s latest mixtape leak may suggest, Fly Lullaby is simply too dope to snooze through. While Booth mainstay 9th Wonder‘s keyboard-percussion instrumental plays (hey, is that the break from Bob James’ Take Me to the Mardi Gras that I hear?), the freestyle series alumnus’ free-association rhymes are guaranteed to grab lyrical heads’ attention. In between waxing poetic about the pleasures of women and weed, Daytona manages to drop references to everyone and everything from Devin Harris, to the chick from Precious, to Steve Harvey’s mustache. Like what you’re hearing? More blunted yet intellectually stimulating hip-hop goodness awaits on The Kid Daytona’s LRG-presented Interlude street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net November 2.
Written by richard on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.