What if I told you I had a brand new Kid Cudi track, featuring Kanye West, off his incredibly anticipated sophomore album? Is that something you’d be excited about?!? Yes? Well too bad, because I don’t have one. Instead, today’s Scott Mescudi offering comes off a somewhat random mixtape, but Wylin Cause I’m Young should still spark no shortage of discussion. While an eminently minimalistic beat by Plain Pat (CuDi’s manager) sets the slow pace, Cudi jumps in with two trademark half-sung, half-rapped verses which, among other things, attempt to explain his erratic recent behavior (apparently “wylin” includes getting arrested for coke possession and fighting fans), while in the middle section Mr. West, who’s not even remotely young at this point, throws in a straightforward, basic verse. It’s certainly not what we would have hoped for from the two, Erase Me was better, but it still provides an interesting glimpse into what Legend of Mr. Rager could sound like. Oh, and the somewhat random mixtape that houses Wylin? It’s the semi-official G.O.O.D. Ass Mixtape, from Russian model and G.O.O.D. Music super-fan Perajok, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.