What if I told you I had a brand new Kid Cudi track, featuring Kanye West, off his incredibly anticipated sophomore album? Is that something you’d be excited about?!? Yes? Well too bad, because I don’t have one. Instead, today’s Scott Mescudi offering comes off a somewhat random mixtape, but Wylin Cause I’m Young should still spark no shortage of discussion. While an eminently minimalistic beat by Plain Pat (CuDi’s manager) sets the slow pace, Cudi jumps in with two trademark half-sung, half-rapped verses which, among other things, attempt to explain his erratic recent behavior (apparently “wylin” includes getting arrested for coke possession and fighting fans), while in the middle section Mr. West, who’s not even remotely young at this point, throws in a straightforward, basic verse. It’s certainly not what we would have hoped for from the two, Erase Me was better, but it still provides an interesting glimpse into what Legend of Mr. Rager could sound like. Oh, and the somewhat random mixtape that houses Wylin? It’s the semi-official G.O.O.D. Ass Mixtape, from Russian model and G.O.O.D. Music super-fan Perajok, available now.
Listen to More: Kid CuDi
Written by Nathan S. on 08/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.