It’s a big, big day in the Cudiverse. Much to the delight of hip-hop stoners everywhere, this morning Kid Cudi let loose of the first single off his upcoming sophomore album, Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager, the enigmatically titled REVOFEV. (Say it like “Rev of ev,” short for “revolution of evolution.) Sonically, REVOFEV picks up where Man on the Moon left off, with producer Plain Pat crafting an eclectically influenced, often chaotic beat, accompanied by Larry Gold’s string arrangement, that Cudi uses to drop the same slowly drawling rhymes and “whoa whoa whoa” singing style he’s made his highly successful trademark. While I can’t hear anything particularly revolutionary, or evolutionary, about the track, I’m sure Kid Cudi nation will be more than happy to pour over the lyrics for hours (perhaps assisted by their good friend THC). No official word yet on when we can expect Man on the Moon II, but it’s only a matter of time before Cudi shakes up our definition of hip-hop once again.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.