Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last night, Kid CuDi Tweeted verbatim: “mark my words, INDICUD will be the greatest album ever made. Know that I’m not lying.” As unbelievable as the claim might seem, we can’t dismiss the possibility out of hand—Just What I Am, the currently-charting lead single and only known cut off the set, scored and impressive 4.2 average rating from our discerning readership. But does King Wizard, the new song release premiered yesterday via Complex, sound like it belongs on the greatest album ever made? That’s for you, not I to decide—but I will say that the record sounds like vintage CuDi, with the Midwest hip-popster delivering defiant rapped bars and a hazy, sung hook over his own stark, plodding electronic production. If you think Scott Mescudi’s two for two thus far, keep it locked; while Universal Motown has yet to assign the album a drop date, we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest on the forthcoming, artist-produced set.
Updated: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view CuDi’s self-directed King Wizard visual.
Written by richard on 12/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.