This Friday, the moviegoing public will get to feast their eyes on director Scott Waugh’s adrenaline-pumping Need for Speed. An adaptation of the popular street racing video game series of the same name, it will star Kid CuDi alongside Breaking Bad alumnus Aaron Paul. Not about to pass up the chance to promote his musical career through his cinematic work (and vice versa), Scott Mescudi has recorded a brand new single to appear on the soundtrack. On Hero, the artist links up with WZRD colleague Dot Da Genius behind the boards; over their moody and downtempo, yet driving electronic grooves, CuDi evokes imagery of the open road: “Burns me down in the soul that I’m riding alone, yeah, I’m riding alone, yeah. / See the sun ducking down and the nights get cold. Yeah, the nights get cold.” Skylar Grey provides vocal support on the hook. Also featuring new music from the likes of Aloe Blacc and Linkin Park, the Need for Speed soundtrack LP is slated to hit stores in conjunction with the film’s debut this Friday. Fans can, of course, hear more from CuDi on his new SATELLITE FLIGHT LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.