This Friday, the moviegoing public will get to feast their eyes on director Scott Waugh’s adrenaline-pumping Need for Speed. An adaptation of the popular street racing video game series of the same name, it will star Kid CuDi alongside Breaking Bad alumnus Aaron Paul. Not about to pass up the chance to promote his musical career through his cinematic work (and vice versa), Scott Mescudi has recorded a brand new single to appear on the soundtrack. On Hero, the artist links up with WZRD colleague Dot Da Genius behind the boards; over their moody and downtempo, yet driving electronic grooves, CuDi evokes imagery of the open road: “Burns me down in the soul that I’m riding alone, yeah, I’m riding alone, yeah. / See the sun ducking down and the nights get cold. Yeah, the nights get cold.” Skylar Grey provides vocal support on the hook. Also featuring new music from the likes of Aloe Blacc and Linkin Park, the Need for Speed soundtrack LP is slated to hit stores in conjunction with the film’s debut this Friday. Fans can, of course, hear more from CuDi on his new SATELLITE FLIGHT LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.