Yesterday, roughly two-and-and-half months after the release of junior album Indicud, KiD CuDi took to Twitter to unleash a brand new promo single. If the rock-infused Going to the Ceremony reminds you of WZRD, the Cleveland repper’s 2012 side-project with beatsmith Dot Da Genius, well, it should; the record’s production, an atmospheric arrangement featuring distorted rhythm guitar over understated, loping drums, is credited to the duo. Which raises an obvious question: is this one from the vault, or have Dot and CuDi stepped back in the studio together? That remains unclear at the moment, but I know a lot of hardcore Mescudi fans who will be very happy if the latter turns out to be the case. Either way, we will keep you posted on the Universal Republic signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.