Yesterday, roughly two-and-and-half months after the release of junior album Indicud, KiD CuDi took to Twitter to unleash a brand new promo single. If the rock-infused Going to the Ceremony reminds you of WZRD, the Cleveland repper’s 2012 side-project with beatsmith Dot Da Genius, well, it should; the record’s production, an atmospheric arrangement featuring distorted rhythm guitar over understated, loping drums, is credited to the duo. Which raises an obvious question: is this one from the vault, or have Dot and CuDi stepped back in the studio together? That remains unclear at the moment, but I know a lot of hardcore Mescudi fans who will be very happy if the latter turns out to be the case. Either way, we will keep you posted on the Universal Republic signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.