Yesterday, roughly two-and-and-half months after the release of junior album Indicud, KiD CuDi took to Twitter to unleash a brand new promo single. If the rock-infused Going to the Ceremony reminds you of WZRD, the Cleveland repper’s 2012 side-project with beatsmith Dot Da Genius, well, it should; the record’s production, an atmospheric arrangement featuring distorted rhythm guitar over understated, loping drums, is credited to the duo. Which raises an obvious question: is this one from the vault, or have Dot and CuDi stepped back in the studio together? That remains unclear at the moment, but I know a lot of hardcore Mescudi fans who will be very happy if the latter turns out to be the case. Either way, we will keep you posted on the Universal Republic signee’s plans as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.