Yesterday, it was announced that Kid CuDi had split with G.O.O.D. Music, reportedly in order to focus on his Wicked Awesome signee, Kid Chip. Whatever the backstory may be, Scott Mescudi clearly isn’t sweating the situation; he’s too distracted by the dazzling menagerie of pretty Girls walking the Cleveland streets now that the weather’s warming up. On the latest single off his third studio album, CuDi and frequent collaborator 88-Keys double up behind the boards, crating an infectious synth backdrop for verses celebrating the female of the species in all its colors, shapes and sizes. The headliner sticks to singing this time around, enlisting Bay Area mainstay Too $hort to contribute a few flowed bars on the back. Complete with a hook interpolated from this viral classic by the Kids of Widdimore High, Girls is slated to appear on junior album INDICUD, which drops April 23, via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 04/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.