Yesterday, it was announced that Kid CuDi had split with G.O.O.D. Music, reportedly in order to focus on his Wicked Awesome signee, Kid Chip. Whatever the backstory may be, Scott Mescudi clearly isn’t sweating the situation; he’s too distracted by the dazzling menagerie of pretty Girls walking the Cleveland streets now that the weather’s warming up. On the latest single off his third studio album, CuDi and frequent collaborator 88-Keys double up behind the boards, crating an infectious synth backdrop for verses celebrating the female of the species in all its colors, shapes and sizes. The headliner sticks to singing this time around, enlisting Bay Area mainstay Too $hort to contribute a few flowed bars on the back. Complete with a hook interpolated from this viral classic by the Kids of Widdimore High, Girls is slated to appear on junior album INDICUD, which drops April 23, via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 04/3/13
Lately headlines have been circulating about Kid Cudi's departure from the label that birthed him, wondering if Kid Cudi’s career will maintain its longevity without the G.O.O.D. Music machine behind him. It’s been three...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.