Unfortunately for those who thought She Came Along, Kid CuDi‘s recently-featured collabo with Deep Dish producer Sharam, was a little too left-of-center, the newly-released Make Her Say has a similarly off-the-wall (if slightly less bewildering) vibe. This time around, the up-and-comer’s freewheeling sexual banter is backed by an A-Trak instrumental that samples Lady Gaga‘s hit single Poker Face—not the danceable original, though, but a bouncy acoustic revamp that finds the electropop songstress sounding a little Lykke Li-like. CuDi sets the tone with his innuendo-packed opening bars before ceding the mic to label boss Kanye West, who asks a female to “use her medulla oblongata” on his similarly singsong second verse. On the back end, Common spits his own allusive brand of game, as well as poking fun at his ‘socially-conscious’ reputation. Man in the Moon: The End of Day will be released on August 25th; Make Her Say is sure to heighten anticipation among listeners with a taste for bubbly hip-pop concoctions.
Written by richard on 04/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)