Unfortunately for those who thought She Came Along, Kid CuDi‘s recently-featured collabo with Deep Dish producer Sharam, was a little too left-of-center, the newly-released Make Her Say has a similarly off-the-wall (if slightly less bewildering) vibe. This time around, the up-and-comer’s freewheeling sexual banter is backed by an A-Trak instrumental that samples Lady Gaga‘s hit single Poker Face—not the danceable original, though, but a bouncy acoustic revamp that finds the electropop songstress sounding a little Lykke Li-like. CuDi sets the tone with his innuendo-packed opening bars before ceding the mic to label boss Kanye West, who asks a female to “use her medulla oblongata” on his similarly singsong second verse. On the back end, Common spits his own allusive brand of game, as well as poking fun at his ‘socially-conscious’ reputation. Man in the Moon: The End of Day will be released on August 25th; Make Her Say is sure to heighten anticipation among listeners with a taste for bubbly hip-pop concoctions.
Written by richard on 04/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.