More than a year after its official release, the sung-rapped ode to stoned alienation that was Kid CuDi‘s debut single sits at number three on the Billboard Hot 100, and is approaching number one at rhythm radio (now’s the time to make those requests!). Since the original version of Day ‘N’ Nite was never featured (in accordance with the artist’s then-label home’s wishes), this new unofficial remix marks the record’s first appearance in the Booth. After CuDi’s opening verse, recent Block Entertainment signee Kollosus jumps on board to give his own take on the sleeper hit—though his first verse sticks close to the original’s bleary-eyed blueprint, this revamp’s high point comes later, when the 21-year-old emcee reaches back to his Kingston roots to blaze Dot Da Genius’ pensive, synth-driven instrumental in true Caribbean style. Watch for CuDi’s debut studio album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, to hit record stores and online retailers late this summer, and stay tuned to the Booth for more on Kollosus as his career develops.
Written by richard on 05/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.