More than a year after its official release, the sung-rapped ode to stoned alienation that was Kid CuDi‘s debut single sits at number three on the Billboard Hot 100, and is approaching number one at rhythm radio (now’s the time to make those requests!). Since the original version of Day ‘N’ Nite was never featured (in accordance with the artist’s then-label home’s wishes), this new unofficial remix marks the record’s first appearance in the Booth. After CuDi’s opening verse, recent Block Entertainment signee Kollosus jumps on board to give his own take on the sleeper hit—though his first verse sticks close to the original’s bleary-eyed blueprint, this revamp’s high point comes later, when the 21-year-old emcee reaches back to his Kingston roots to blaze Dot Da Genius’ pensive, synth-driven instrumental in true Caribbean style. Watch for CuDi’s debut studio album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day, to hit record stores and online retailers late this summer, and stay tuned to the Booth for more on Kollosus as his career develops.
Written by richard on 05/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)