If you can get over the fact that the name KiD CuDi sounds like the next Tickle Me Elmo or Furby, you might actually find yourself enjoying his music. The Cleveland rapper brings a unique sound to the game that is half Cool Kids, half Fela Kuti. His new track, Is There Any Love, will definitely catch you by surprise. Featuring bare-boned, quasi-Afrobeat production from Emile and some nice punchlines by CuDi and guest Wale, the song is raw but catchy. You’ll likely find yourself singing along to the hook, which features a sample from Trevor Dandy’s Gospel hit of the same title, by its second or third go-around. You’ll likely also be relieved to find out that his name is pronounced ‘Cutty’, and not ‘Cutie’. Is There Any Love will appear on his upcoming mixtape, A KiD Named CuDi Mixtape (July 17).
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Therapy ft. Kid CuDi, Evidence, & Blu" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.