If you can get over the fact that the name KiD CuDi sounds like the next Tickle Me Elmo or Furby, you might actually find yourself enjoying his music. The Cleveland rapper brings a unique sound to the game that is half Cool Kids, half Fela Kuti. His new track, Is There Any Love, will definitely catch you by surprise. Featuring bare-boned, quasi-Afrobeat production from Emile and some nice punchlines by CuDi and guest Wale, the song is raw but catchy. You’ll likely find yourself singing along to the hook, which features a sample from Trevor Dandy’s Gospel hit of the same title, by its second or third go-around. You’ll likely also be relieved to find out that his name is pronounced ‘Cutty’, and not ‘Cutie’. Is There Any Love will appear on his upcoming mixtape, A KiD Named CuDi Mixtape (July 17).
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Therapy ft. Kid CuDi, Evidence, & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.