If you can get over the fact that the name KiD CuDi sounds like the next Tickle Me Elmo or Furby, you might actually find yourself enjoying his music. The Cleveland rapper brings a unique sound to the game that is half Cool Kids, half Fela Kuti. His new track, Is There Any Love, will definitely catch you by surprise. Featuring bare-boned, quasi-Afrobeat production from Emile and some nice punchlines by CuDi and guest Wale, the song is raw but catchy. You’ll likely find yourself singing along to the hook, which features a sample from Trevor Dandy’s Gospel hit of the same title, by its second or third go-around. You’ll likely also be relieved to find out that his name is pronounced ‘Cutty’, and not ‘Cutie’. Is There Any Love will appear on his upcoming mixtape, A KiD Named CuDi Mixtape (July 17).
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Therapy ft. Kid CuDi, Evidence, & Blu" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.