If you can get over the fact that the name KiD CuDi sounds like the next Tickle Me Elmo or Furby, you might actually find yourself enjoying his music. The Cleveland rapper brings a unique sound to the game that is half Cool Kids, half Fela Kuti. His new track, Is There Any Love, will definitely catch you by surprise. Featuring bare-boned, quasi-Afrobeat production from Emile and some nice punchlines by CuDi and guest Wale, the song is raw but catchy. You’ll likely find yourself singing along to the hook, which features a sample from Trevor Dandy’s Gospel hit of the same title, by its second or third go-around. You’ll likely also be relieved to find out that his name is pronounced ‘Cutty’, and not ‘Cutie’. Is There Any Love will appear on his upcoming mixtape, A KiD Named CuDi Mixtape (July 17).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Therapy ft. Kid CuDi, Evidence, & Blu" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.