It’s hard to still consider Scott Mescudi a lonely stoner when I know I’ll be hearing his music in the Savannah bars I’ll be hitting up next week. (Spring Break, who’s down!?) Despite his rise to fame, however, there’s still no one in the game who sounds anything like him. Today Cudi’s at it again, along with everyone’s favorite canine emcee Snoop Dogg, for I Do My Thing, a track originally recorded during his Man on the Moon sessions but now rumored to be included on his highly anticipated sophomore album. Produced by Watts Garrick and Ringo Smith (of Tumblin’ Dice Productions), not Dr. Dre as some have reported, this song keeps it simple, revolving around the simple pleasures in Cudder’s world: shining, rollin, sippin, smoking - he’s got a tough life. If you liked hearing Cudi and Snoop do their thing, you can also satiate your appetite with That Tree, the last track from the same duo that are keeping the Booth too smoky to see today, brah, and of course keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Sigurd on 03/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)