It’s hard to still consider Scott Mescudi a lonely stoner when I know I’ll be hearing his music in the Savannah bars I’ll be hitting up next week. (Spring Break, who’s down!?) Despite his rise to fame, however, there’s still no one in the game who sounds anything like him. Today Cudi’s at it again, along with everyone’s favorite canine emcee Snoop Dogg, for I Do My Thing, a track originally recorded during his Man on the Moon sessions but now rumored to be included on his highly anticipated sophomore album. Produced by Watts Garrick and Ringo Smith (of Tumblin’ Dice Productions), not Dr. Dre as some have reported, this song keeps it simple, revolving around the simple pleasures in Cudder’s world: shining, rollin, sippin, smoking - he’s got a tough life. If you liked hearing Cudi and Snoop do their thing, you can also satiate your appetite with That Tree, the last track from the same duo that are keeping the Booth too smoky to see today, brah, and of course keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Sigurd on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.