It’s hard to still consider Scott Mescudi a lonely stoner when I know I’ll be hearing his music in the Savannah bars I’ll be hitting up next week. (Spring Break, who’s down!?) Despite his rise to fame, however, there’s still no one in the game who sounds anything like him. Today Cudi’s at it again, along with everyone’s favorite canine emcee Snoop Dogg, for I Do My Thing, a track originally recorded during his Man on the Moon sessions but now rumored to be included on his highly anticipated sophomore album. Produced by Watts Garrick and Ringo Smith (of Tumblin’ Dice Productions), not Dr. Dre as some have reported, this song keeps it simple, revolving around the simple pleasures in Cudder’s world: shining, rollin, sippin, smoking - he’s got a tough life. If you liked hearing Cudi and Snoop do their thing, you can also satiate your appetite with That Tree, the last track from the same duo that are keeping the Booth too smoky to see today, brah, and of course keep it locked for all the latest.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!