It’s hard to still consider Scott Mescudi a lonely stoner when I know I’ll be hearing his music in the Savannah bars I’ll be hitting up next week. (Spring Break, who’s down!?) Despite his rise to fame, however, there’s still no one in the game who sounds anything like him. Today Cudi’s at it again, along with everyone’s favorite canine emcee Snoop Dogg, for I Do My Thing, a track originally recorded during his Man on the Moon sessions but now rumored to be included on his highly anticipated sophomore album. Produced by Watts Garrick and Ringo Smith (of Tumblin’ Dice Productions), not Dr. Dre as some have reported, this song keeps it simple, revolving around the simple pleasures in Cudder’s world: shining, rollin, sippin, smoking - he’s got a tough life. If you liked hearing Cudi and Snoop do their thing, you can also satiate your appetite with That Tree, the last track from the same duo that are keeping the Booth too smoky to see today, brah, and of course keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Sigurd on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.