It’s hard to still consider Scott Mescudi a lonely stoner when I know I’ll be hearing his music in the Savannah bars I’ll be hitting up next week. (Spring Break, who’s down!?) Despite his rise to fame, however, there’s still no one in the game who sounds anything like him. Today Cudi’s at it again, along with everyone’s favorite canine emcee Snoop Dogg, for I Do My Thing, a track originally recorded during his Man on the Moon sessions but now rumored to be included on his highly anticipated sophomore album. Produced by Watts Garrick and Ringo Smith (of Tumblin’ Dice Productions), not Dr. Dre as some have reported, this song keeps it simple, revolving around the simple pleasures in Cudder’s world: shining, rollin, sippin, smoking - he’s got a tough life. If you liked hearing Cudi and Snoop do their thing, you can also satiate your appetite with That Tree, the last track from the same duo that are keeping the Booth too smoky to see today, brah, and of course keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Sigurd on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.