Although he’s currently on tour with the always eccentric Lady Gaga, Kid Cudi is still finding time to turn out tracks. His new freestyle Cudderisback, featuring rhymes about weed, clothes and girls, is familiar territory for the man, but he’s got the skills and bravado to make these seemingly insignificant things sound fresh. Produced by Rostam Batmanglij, Cudderisback mixes in hipster favorites Vampire Weekend and their song Ottoman for a strange, melodic beat that at first seems out of place but ultimately meshes perfectly with Cudi’s flow. No one in the rap game makes stonerism sound cooler than Cudi, and although the track is short he gets right to the point in the first line: “Stay home a lot, no TV, just thoughts, and a heap of good weed.” Cudi fans rejoice. Not a part of any official release, Cudderisback appears to be an attempt by Cudi to make sure we don’t forget his name. Keep it locked to DJ Booth for any other unexpected Kid Cudi releases.
Written by matt juss on 12/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.