Although he’s currently on tour with the always eccentric Lady Gaga, Kid Cudi is still finding time to turn out tracks. His new freestyle Cudderisback, featuring rhymes about weed, clothes and girls, is familiar territory for the man, but he’s got the skills and bravado to make these seemingly insignificant things sound fresh. Produced by Rostam Batmanglij, Cudderisback mixes in hipster favorites Vampire Weekend and their song Ottoman for a strange, melodic beat that at first seems out of place but ultimately meshes perfectly with Cudi’s flow. No one in the rap game makes stonerism sound cooler than Cudi, and although the track is short he gets right to the point in the first line: “Stay home a lot, no TV, just thoughts, and a heap of good weed.” Cudi fans rejoice. Not a part of any official release, Cudderisback appears to be an attempt by Cudi to make sure we don’t forget his name. Keep it locked to DJ Booth for any other unexpected Kid Cudi releases.
Listen to More: Kid CuDi Written by matt juss
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!