Although he’s currently on tour with the always eccentric Lady Gaga, Kid Cudi is still finding time to turn out tracks. His new freestyle Cudderisback, featuring rhymes about weed, clothes and girls, is familiar territory for the man, but he’s got the skills and bravado to make these seemingly insignificant things sound fresh. Produced by Rostam Batmanglij, Cudderisback mixes in hipster favorites Vampire Weekend and their song Ottoman for a strange, melodic beat that at first seems out of place but ultimately meshes perfectly with Cudi’s flow. No one in the rap game makes stonerism sound cooler than Cudi, and although the track is short he gets right to the point in the first line: “Stay home a lot, no TV, just thoughts, and a heap of good weed.” Cudi fans rejoice. Not a part of any official release, Cudderisback appears to be an attempt by Cudi to make sure we don’t forget his name. Keep it locked to DJ Booth for any other unexpected Kid Cudi releases.
Written by matt juss on 12/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Is There Any Love ft. Wale" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.