Kia Shine used to be Krispy, but now he’s back and hurtin’ em with his new styles. My New Styles (1st 48) is a far cry from the Tennessee-bred artist’s last single, because this time he strays from pretty-boy flashiness and delves into the signature Memphis grit that makes this single ride-worthy. The track, produced by Kia and Memphis’ Slice Tee, is a Guide to Being Killer-Fly, and the Memphis emcee explains how to kill it with his freshness. With the production offering a duality of strict harshness and laid-back coolness (thanks to several Beastie Boy samples), Shine’s new styles are refreshingly reminiscent of his rap rivals, Three 6 Mafia. Hoping to bring back Memphis rider music this summer, the self-proclaimed “Airplane Man” will drop his forthcoming The KUSH (K.rispy U.nderrated S.outhern H.ustler) mixtape and DVD, in August.
Written by Erica L. on 05/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Everywhere (Respect My Grind) ft. Jim Jones" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)