Kia Shine used to be Krispy, but now he’s back and hurtin’ em with his new styles. My New Styles (1st 48) is a far cry from the Tennessee-bred artist’s last single, because this time he strays from pretty-boy flashiness and delves into the signature Memphis grit that makes this single ride-worthy. The track, produced by Kia and Memphis’ Slice Tee, is a Guide to Being Killer-Fly, and the Memphis emcee explains how to kill it with his freshness. With the production offering a duality of strict harshness and laid-back coolness (thanks to several Beastie Boy samples), Shine’s new styles are refreshingly reminiscent of his rap rivals, Three 6 Mafia. Hoping to bring back Memphis rider music this summer, the self-proclaimed “Airplane Man” will drop his forthcoming The KUSH (K.rispy U.nderrated S.outhern H.ustler) mixtape and DVD, in August.
Listen to More: Kia Shine
Written by Erica L. on 05/8/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Everywhere (Respect My Grind) ft. Jim Jones" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.