Kia Shine used to be Krispy, but now he’s back and hurtin’ em with his new styles. My New Styles (1st 48) is a far cry from the Tennessee-bred artist’s last single, because this time he strays from pretty-boy flashiness and delves into the signature Memphis grit that makes this single ride-worthy. The track, produced by Kia and Memphis’ Slice Tee, is a Guide to Being Killer-Fly, and the Memphis emcee explains how to kill it with his freshness. With the production offering a duality of strict harshness and laid-back coolness (thanks to several Beastie Boy samples), Shine’s new styles are refreshingly reminiscent of his rap rivals, Three 6 Mafia. Hoping to bring back Memphis rider music this summer, the self-proclaimed “Airplane Man” will drop his forthcoming The KUSH (K.rispy U.nderrated S.outhern H.ustler) mixtape and DVD, in August.
Listen to More: Kia Shine Written by Erica L.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Everywhere (Respect My Grind) ft. Jim Jones" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.