Love is in the air Today, judging by the Booth’s feature lineup. That is, if by “love” you mean “lust,” and by “today,” I mean “this evening.” Fresh off hearing Miguel quest for a Quickie on his latest single, I flip on the first solo feature from Khrysis to find Laws fixing for a menage á trois with a fly shawty and her best friend. The lead single off the beatsmith’s forthcoming solo mixtape (the follow-up to King Mez collab King’s Khrysis), this smooth selection finds Khrysis cooking up a swanky, brass-sampled instrumental backdrop for the Florida-repper’s libidinous verses. In addition to being relentlessly risqué, Laws’ bars are frequently hilarious, featuring one bawdy double-entendre after another: “I’m a diamondback, I inject her with venom / She climax and understand my respect for women / Y’all ain’t bring each other but you came together / Dumb chicks—69 is they favorite letter.” Craving more hot beats and fresh guest features? Good—because that’s precisely what you’ll find on Khrysis’ Booth-hosted The Hour of Khrysis street album, coming soon to our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 06/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fresh & Fly" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.