Love is in the air Today, judging by the Booth’s feature lineup. That is, if by “love” you mean “lust,” and by “today,” I mean “this evening.” Fresh off hearing Miguel quest for a Quickie on his latest single, I flip on the first solo feature from Khrysis to find Laws fixing for a menage á trois with a fly shawty and her best friend. The lead single off the beatsmith’s forthcoming solo mixtape (the follow-up to King Mez collab King’s Khrysis), this smooth selection finds Khrysis cooking up a swanky, brass-sampled instrumental backdrop for the Florida-repper’s libidinous verses. In addition to being relentlessly risqué, Laws’ bars are frequently hilarious, featuring one bawdy double-entendre after another: “I’m a diamondback, I inject her with venom / She climax and understand my respect for women / Y’all ain’t bring each other but you came together / Dumb chicks—69 is they favorite letter.” Craving more hot beats and fresh guest features? Good—because that’s precisely what you’ll find on Khrysis’ Booth-hosted The Hour of Khrysis street album, coming soon to our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 06/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fresh & Fly" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.