Don’t let the title of Khizman‘s first feature fool you into thinking that the up-and-coming emcee’s on-the-mic skills are merely acceptable (or that he hails from the great state of Oklahoma). As I believe Booth readers will agree, this EP inclusion deserves much more than a wishy-washy “OK.” Here, a funky, guitar-driven sample from Alright With Me artists/producers Keelay & Zaire sets the stage for a double-helping of vivid, engagingly-flowed braggadocio. Though those who haven’t eaten lunch may find their stomachs rumbling thanks to the artist’s heavy use of food-related similes (in addition to calling out all “turkey-ass n*ggas,” the rapper compares himself to Stovetop stuffing and hot butter.), the record should satisfy those hungry for head-nodding beats and on-point lyrics. If OK leaves you patting your belly, there’s much more where this came from. Khizman’s latest street album, URB.com Presents: The Trophy Winner dropped December 1 and is available for free download here.
Written by richard on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Time" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.