Every rapper has his or her favorite article of clothing; for some it’s a watch or chain, for others it might be a pair of kicks. Khary Durgans? He’s all about his Yellow Raincoat. On his latest feature, Pt.5 in a five-part series he apparently plans to release backward, the Rhode Island representative chronicles his efforts to ball on a budget, and shares a few gripes regarding the rap game, in punchline-packed verses. Proflogik provides a mellow synth backdrop for his bars. Feeling the 22-year-old emcee’s rhyme style, and/or his unconventional fashion sense? Then stay tuned for more Yellow Raincoat jams throughout summer 2014.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.