Stories like Shel Silverstein’s The Giving Tree are timeless because they hold universal truths that can apply to all walks of life. As an artist, it’s important to strive to share such truths with the world. One artist on that path already is Providence emcee Khary Durgans. On his new song, The Giving Tree, Khary explains over an erratic Proflogik beat how he doesn’t want to just go through the motions in this life. Instead, he wants to leave inspirational ideas behind, through his music, that will help enrich the land for future great trees, or in this case artists. In other words, “The body is a car so when my battery dies, I just hope my bumper sticker doesn’t say, ‘A**hole.’” So, here’s to earning bumper stickers to brag about! The Giving Tree follows the March release of Khary’s last project, Love & Anchors.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)