Stories like Shel Silverstein’s The Giving Tree are timeless because they hold universal truths that can apply to all walks of life. As an artist, it’s important to strive to share such truths with the world. One artist on that path already is Providence emcee Khary Durgans. On his new song, The Giving Tree, Khary explains over an erratic Proflogik beat how he doesn’t want to just go through the motions in this life. Instead, he wants to leave inspirational ideas behind, through his music, that will help enrich the land for future great trees, or in this case artists. In other words, “The body is a car so when my battery dies, I just hope my bumper sticker doesn’t say, ‘A**hole.’” So, here’s to earning bumper stickers to brag about! The Giving Tree follows the March release of Khary’s last project, Love & Anchors.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.