Update: The self-directed visuals for Khary Durgans The Giving Tree single have been added.
Stories like Shel Silverstein’s The Giving Tree are timeless because they hold universal truths that can apply to all walks of life. As an artist, it’s important to strive to share such truths with the world. One artist on that path already is Providence emcee Khary Durgans. On his new song, The Giving Tree, Khary explains over an erratic Proflogik beat how he doesn’t want to just go through the motions in this life. Instead, he wants to leave inspirational ideas behind, through his music, that will help enrich the land for future great trees, or in this case artists. In other words, “The body is a car so when my battery dies, I just hope my bumper sticker doesn’t say, ‘A**hole.’” So, here’s to earning bumper stickers to brag about! The Giving Tree follows the March release of Khary’s last project, Love & Anchors.
Written by Bryan H on 10/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.