When Khary Durgans stepped into the Booth with his last feature, his choice of an Atlas over Google Maps led our own Lucas G. to speculate that the Rhode Island representer was trapped in the 20th century. I can see his point, but I’d revise that to “19th century,” given Khary’s preferred mode of transportation. On new mixtape single The Dock, the artist discusses his quest for hip-hop superstardom by analogy not to air travel, but to sailing. Nautical themes aside, though, this joint is as refreshing as an ocean breeze. Big Wild mans the boards, crafting an expansive, brass-sampled backdrop for bars expressing the emcee’s unstoppable drive to succeed. Complete with a soulful chorus by singer/songwriter Smithsoneon, The Dock is jut one of many quality cuts to be found on the artist’s Love & Anchors LP, due out in February 2014.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.