When Khary Durgans stepped into the Booth with his last feature, his choice of an Atlas over Google Maps led our own Lucas G. to speculate that the Rhode Island representer was trapped in the 20th century. I can see his point, but I’d revise that to “19th century,” given Khary’s preferred mode of transportation. On new mixtape single The Dock, the artist discusses his quest for hip-hop superstardom by analogy not to air travel, but to sailing. Nautical themes aside, though, this joint is as refreshing as an ocean breeze. Big Wild mans the boards, crafting an expansive, brass-sampled backdrop for bars expressing the emcee’s unstoppable drive to succeed. Complete with a soulful chorus by singer/songwriter Smithsoneon, The Dock is jut one of many quality cuts to be found on the artist’s Love & Anchors LP, due out in February 2014.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.