In Greek mythology, Prometheus was known as the Titan who stole fire to give to man and while Providence spitter Khary Durgans likely won’t be plotting to steal your bonfire anytime soon his goal of making “music that speaks to [the] human soul more so than a label of conscious or commercial” is highly Prometheus-like. Appropriately titled Prometheus, the 20-year-old New England native dishes out some of his own music for the human soul on his Cesar Luciano-assisted DJBooth debut. Backed by (Pro)lifik‘s string-heavy, Bohemian-inspired production Durgans laces Prometheus with a modest helping of self-assured lyricism. Although Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love And Anchors, is currently without a release date you’ll likely be able to get your fix of the DJBooth newcomer on his past project releases, which include The Leave Of Absence and 2011’s The Quest For Equilibrium.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Atlas (Income Tax)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.