In Greek mythology, Prometheus was known as the Titan who stole fire to give to man and while Providence spitter Khary Durgans likely won’t be plotting to steal your bonfire anytime soon his goal of making “music that speaks to [the] human soul more so than a label of conscious or commercial” is highly Prometheus-like. Appropriately titled Prometheus, the 20-year-old New England native dishes out some of his own music for the human soul on his Cesar Luciano-assisted DJBooth debut. Backed by (Pro)lifik‘s string-heavy, Bohemian-inspired production Durgans laces Prometheus with a modest helping of self-assured lyricism. Although Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love And Anchors, is currently without a release date you’ll likely be able to get your fix of the DJBooth newcomer on his past project releases, which include The Leave Of Absence and 2011’s The Quest For Equilibrium.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Atlas (Income Tax)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)