In Greek mythology, Prometheus was known as the Titan who stole fire to give to man and while Providence spitter Khary Durgans likely won’t be plotting to steal your bonfire anytime soon his goal of making “music that speaks to [the] human soul more so than a label of conscious or commercial” is highly Prometheus-like. Appropriately titled Prometheus, the 20-year-old New England native dishes out some of his own music for the human soul on his Cesar Luciano-assisted DJBooth debut. Backed by (Pro)lifik‘s string-heavy, Bohemian-inspired production Durgans laces Prometheus with a modest helping of self-assured lyricism. Although Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love And Anchors, is currently without a release date you’ll likely be able to get your fix of the DJBooth newcomer on his past project releases, which include The Leave Of Absence and 2011’s The Quest For Equilibrium.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Atlas (Income Tax)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.