In Greek mythology, Prometheus was known as the Titan who stole fire to give to man and while Providence spitter Khary Durgans likely won’t be plotting to steal your bonfire anytime soon his goal of making “music that speaks to [the] human soul more so than a label of conscious or commercial” is highly Prometheus-like. Appropriately titled Prometheus, the 20-year-old New England native dishes out some of his own music for the human soul on his Cesar Luciano-assisted DJBooth debut. Backed by (Pro)lifik‘s string-heavy, Bohemian-inspired production Durgans laces Prometheus with a modest helping of self-assured lyricism. Although Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love And Anchors, is currently without a release date you’ll likely be able to get your fix of the DJBooth newcomer on his past project releases, which include The Leave Of Absence and 2011’s The Quest For Equilibrium.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Atlas (Income Tax)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.