In Greek mythology, Prometheus was known as the Titan who stole fire to give to man and while Providence spitter Khary Durgans likely won’t be plotting to steal your bonfire anytime soon his goal of making “music that speaks to [the] human soul more so than a label of conscious or commercial” is highly Prometheus-like. Appropriately titled Prometheus, the 20-year-old New England native dishes out some of his own music for the human soul on his Cesar Luciano-assisted DJBooth debut. Backed by (Pro)lifik‘s string-heavy, Bohemian-inspired production Durgans laces Prometheus with a modest helping of self-assured lyricism. Although Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love And Anchors, is currently without a release date you’ll likely be able to get your fix of the DJBooth newcomer on his past project releases, which include The Leave Of Absence and 2011’s The Quest For Equilibrium.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/10/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Atlas (Income Tax)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)