If you choose to hang out aboard a sinking ship, the inevitable end result is Drowning. The same goes, metaphorically speaking, for failing relationships, as Khary Durgans learns the hard way on his latest single. On this cut, follow-up to September 2013’s Sorry Khary, the Providence rhymesayer documents the rise and fall of his latest love affair, spitting his easily-relatable bars over a unique, swing-informed instrumental by Big Wild (repurposed from an Outkast remix the beatsmith worked on a few years back). If Khary’s chorus sounds a little off-key, rest assured that that was what he was going for; in his own words, he was, “not trying to sing but instead being honest.” Soul singer Smithsoneon provides some (on-key) vocal support on the back. Love & Anchors is scheduled to drop February 18. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.