If you choose to hang out aboard a sinking ship, the inevitable end result is Drowning. The same goes, metaphorically speaking, for failing relationships, as Khary Durgans learns the hard way on his latest single. On this cut, follow-up to September 2013’s Sorry Khary, the Providence rhymesayer documents the rise and fall of his latest love affair, spitting his easily-relatable bars over a unique, swing-informed instrumental by Big Wild (repurposed from an Outkast remix the beatsmith worked on a few years back). If Khary’s chorus sounds a little off-key, rest assured that that was what he was going for; in his own words, he was, “not trying to sing but instead being honest.” Soul singer Smithsoneon provides some (on-key) vocal support on the back. Love & Anchors is scheduled to drop February 18. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest song releases off the set.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.