Apparently, Khary Durgans is stuck in the 20th century, because while the rest of us have GPS and Google Maps, he is concerned with putting his city on an Atlas (Income Tax). Thanks to a second DJBooth feature, following October’s Prometheus, Durgans will likely succeed with his initiative, as his charisma and dope wordplay are too noteworthy to go unnoticed. Backed by a clapping Jackson Stell beat, Khary incorporates a variety of pop culture notables, including the late Gary Coleman and Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt. If his clever wordplay isn’t enough, however, then his versatile flow should definitely satisfy. The Rhode Island native’s jogging-paced, confident flow dominates the track, but every so often he picks up speed, transitioning seamlessly between a slower and his rapid fire delivery. Like October’s Prometheus, this cut will have a home on Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love and Anchors.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.