Apparently, Khary Durgans is stuck in the 20th century, because while the rest of us have GPS and Google Maps, he is concerned with putting his city on an Atlas (Income Tax). Thanks to a second DJBooth feature, following October’s Prometheus, Durgans will likely succeed with his initiative, as his charisma and dope wordplay are too noteworthy to go unnoticed. Backed by a clapping Jackson Stell beat, Khary incorporates a variety of pop culture notables, including the late Gary Coleman and Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt. If his clever wordplay isn’t enough, however, then his versatile flow should definitely satisfy. The Rhode Island native’s jogging-paced, confident flow dominates the track, but every so often he picks up speed, transitioning seamlessly between a slower and his rapid fire delivery. Like October’s Prometheus, this cut will have a home on Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love and Anchors.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.