Apparently, Khary Durgans is stuck in the 20th century, because while the rest of us have GPS and Google Maps, he is concerned with putting his city on an Atlas (Income Tax). Thanks to a second DJBooth feature, following October’s Prometheus, Durgans will likely succeed with his initiative, as his charisma and dope wordplay are too noteworthy to go unnoticed. Backed by a clapping Jackson Stell beat, Khary incorporates a variety of pop culture notables, including the late Gary Coleman and Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt. If his clever wordplay isn’t enough, however, then his versatile flow should definitely satisfy. The Rhode Island native’s jogging-paced, confident flow dominates the track, but every so often he picks up speed, transitioning seamlessly between a slower and his rapid fire delivery. Like October’s Prometheus, this cut will have a home on Durgans’ forthcoming project, Love and Anchors.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.