We in the Booth love Philadelphia buzzmaker Khari Mateen, but it would be a little bit of a stretch to say that we Know him Well. After all, he’s only had one headlining feature on our pages to date. To help you get a little more familiar, we’re proud to present a standout selection off his newly-released EP, a bluesy number detailing the artist’s run-in with a quite literal femme fatale. As usual, Mateen does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, showcasing a half-sung, half-spoken vocal style over his own stomping rhythm section and twanging guitar riffs. Feeling it? More fresh, eclectic jams await on the emcee’s Qualia: Fall EP, released this past Tuesday via The Lunchroom and available here for free streaming.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.