We in the Booth love Philadelphia buzzmaker Khari Mateen, but it would be a little bit of a stretch to say that we Know him Well. After all, he’s only had one headlining feature on our pages to date. To help you get a little more familiar, we’re proud to present a standout selection off his newly-released EP, a bluesy number detailing the artist’s run-in with a quite literal femme fatale. As usual, Mateen does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, showcasing a half-sung, half-spoken vocal style over his own stomping rhythm section and twanging guitar riffs. Feeling it? More fresh, eclectic jams await on the emcee’s Qualia: Fall EP, released this past Tuesday via The Lunchroom and available here for free streaming.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.