We in the Booth love Philadelphia buzzmaker Khari Mateen, but it would be a little bit of a stretch to say that we Know him Well. After all, he’s only had one headlining feature on our pages to date. To help you get a little more familiar, we’re proud to present a standout selection off his newly-released EP, a bluesy number detailing the artist’s run-in with a quite literal femme fatale. As usual, Mateen does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, showcasing a half-sung, half-spoken vocal style over his own stomping rhythm section and twanging guitar riffs. Feeling it? More fresh, eclectic jams await on the emcee’s Qualia: Fall EP, released this past Tuesday via The Lunchroom and available here for free streaming.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)