We in the Booth love Philadelphia buzzmaker Khari Mateen, but it would be a little bit of a stretch to say that we Know him Well. After all, he’s only had one headlining feature on our pages to date. To help you get a little more familiar, we’re proud to present a standout selection off his newly-released EP, a bluesy number detailing the artist’s run-in with a quite literal femme fatale. As usual, Mateen does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, showcasing a half-sung, half-spoken vocal style over his own stomping rhythm section and twanging guitar riffs. Feeling it? More fresh, eclectic jams await on the emcee’s Qualia: Fall EP, released this past Tuesday via The Lunchroom and available here for free streaming.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)