We in the Booth love Philadelphia buzzmaker Khari Mateen, but it would be a little bit of a stretch to say that we Know him Well. After all, he’s only had one headlining feature on our pages to date. To help you get a little more familiar, we’re proud to present a standout selection off his newly-released EP, a bluesy number detailing the artist’s run-in with a quite literal femme fatale. As usual, Mateen does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, showcasing a half-sung, half-spoken vocal style over his own stomping rhythm section and twanging guitar riffs. Feeling it? More fresh, eclectic jams await on the emcee’s Qualia: Fall EP, released this past Tuesday via The Lunchroom and available here for free streaming.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.