Previously heard handling production duties for Tess Henley (From the Get Go), Money Making Jam Boys (Tear It Down) and numerous others, Philadelphia singer, songwriter and beatsmith Khari Mateen makes his first foray into the solo DJBooth spotlight with a brand new promo single. On Full Moon, the artist showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting a moody, hip hop-infused synth backdrop for verses dedicated to a woman whose love always seems to leave him fiending for more. Fellow Philly native STS assists on the guest tip, dedicating his closing verse to a special girl from the 212. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Khari Mateen’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Know Me Well" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.