Though his extensive résumé of production work (peaking with T.I.‘s Why U Wanna) has earned him considerable acclaim, Khao has had somewhat more trouble kick-starting his rap career – his previous Booth feature, Hello World, received mixed reviews. Hoping that will change sooner rather than later, the Montgomery, Alabama native has teamed up with fellow Grand Hustle affiliate DJ Drama to present the upcoming Gangsta Grillz: State of Representatives mixtape. On Don’t You Do That, Khao spits some pretty solid verses, but there is absolutely no way he can maintain the spotlight when Weezy F Baby steps up to bat with his autotune-heavy hook, bridge, and second verse. Still, Khao’s beat is the high point of Don’t You Do That; as long as the experienced producer excels in his primary craft, he should continue to get his props in the Booth.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.