Don’t you hear Khalil Ismail Knocking? Well goddamn then, let the man in already. For his solo DJBooth debut (his name first appeared on our pages as a feature on Charlie Hilton’s Mother ), the DMV artist joins forces with producer Ambush to put together an uplifting instrumental built on a bouncing piano line and steadily driving percussion. It’s a foundation that Ismail builds on powerfully on the mic, using the full range of his vocal abilities to showcase the obvious passion that he puts into his music. Expect to hear Ismail’s knocking get even louder and more undeniable when his Freedom Fighters album is released on August 6. Until then…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
The Brown'stone Recording Company/Enspire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.