Don’t you hear Khalil Ismail Knocking? Well goddamn then, let the man in already. For his solo DJBooth debut (his name first appeared on our pages as a feature on Charlie Hilton’s Mother ), the DMV artist joins forces with producer Ambush to put together an uplifting instrumental built on a bouncing piano line and steadily driving percussion. It’s a foundation that Ismail builds on powerfully on the mic, using the full range of his vocal abilities to showcase the obvious passion that he puts into his music. Expect to hear Ismail’s knocking get even louder and more undeniable when his Freedom Fighters album is released on August 6. Until then…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
The Brown'stone Recording Company/Enspire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.