Don’t you hear Khalil Ismail Knocking? Well goddamn then, let the man in already. For his solo DJBooth debut (his name first appeared on our pages as a feature on Charlie Hilton’s Mother ), the DMV artist joins forces with producer Ambush to put together an uplifting instrumental built on a bouncing piano line and steadily driving percussion. It’s a foundation that Ismail builds on powerfully on the mic, using the full range of his vocal abilities to showcase the obvious passion that he puts into his music. Expect to hear Ismail’s knocking get even louder and more undeniable when his Freedom Fighters album is released on August 6. Until then…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
The Brown'stone Recording Company/Enspire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.