I think I have been watching too many episodes of the new FX show The Americans, because I was half-expecting DJBooth newcomer kGb to be an undercover spy. In reality, however, he is just a Regular dude. Although, the Ct. native might be selling himself short, because your Regular, normal guy would not sound this comfortable rapping, let alone crafting a intriguing beat. kGb preaches his normality with a uniquely laid-back, almost entrancing flow. The artist’s own instrumental transitions from a spacey, futuristic groove into a more frenzied arrangement thanks to a few studio effects and a seemingly unstructured keyboard riff. There is no word on whether this is part of anything larger but, as always, keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for any news.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)