I think I have been watching too many episodes of the new FX show The Americans, because I was half-expecting DJBooth newcomer kGb to be an undercover spy. In reality, however, he is just a Regular dude. Although, the Ct. native might be selling himself short, because your Regular, normal guy would not sound this comfortable rapping, let alone crafting a intriguing beat. kGb preaches his normality with a uniquely laid-back, almost entrancing flow. The artist’s own instrumental transitions from a spacey, futuristic groove into a more frenzied arrangement thanks to a few studio effects and a seemingly unstructured keyboard riff. There is no word on whether this is part of anything larger but, as always, keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for any news.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.