I think I have been watching too many episodes of the new FX show The Americans, because I was half-expecting DJBooth newcomer kGb to be an undercover spy. In reality, however, he is just a Regular dude. Although, the Ct. native might be selling himself short, because your Regular, normal guy would not sound this comfortable rapping, let alone crafting a intriguing beat. kGb preaches his normality with a uniquely laid-back, almost entrancing flow. The artist’s own instrumental transitions from a spacey, futuristic groove into a more frenzied arrangement thanks to a few studio effects and a seemingly unstructured keyboard riff. There is no word on whether this is part of anything larger but, as always, keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for any news.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.