I think I have been watching too many episodes of the new FX show The Americans, because I was half-expecting DJBooth newcomer kGb to be an undercover spy. In reality, however, he is just a Regular dude. Although, the Ct. native might be selling himself short, because your Regular, normal guy would not sound this comfortable rapping, let alone crafting a intriguing beat. kGb preaches his normality with a uniquely laid-back, almost entrancing flow. The artist’s own instrumental transitions from a spacey, futuristic groove into a more frenzied arrangement thanks to a few studio effects and a seemingly unstructured keyboard riff. There is no word on whether this is part of anything larger but, as always, keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for any news.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.