I think I have been watching too many episodes of the new FX show The Americans, because I was half-expecting DJBooth newcomer kGb to be an undercover spy. In reality, however, he is just a Regular dude. Although, the Ct. native might be selling himself short, because your Regular, normal guy would not sound this comfortable rapping, let alone crafting a intriguing beat. kGb preaches his normality with a uniquely laid-back, almost entrancing flow. The artist’s own instrumental transitions from a spacey, futuristic groove into a more frenzied arrangement thanks to a few studio effects and a seemingly unstructured keyboard riff. There is no word on whether this is part of anything larger but, as always, keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for any news.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)