R&B soulstress Keyshia Cole had Enough Of Love on her Lil Wayne-assisted, lead single back in July and it sounds like matters of love haven’t improved on her latest single, Trust And Believe. Despite a newfound marriage to NBA player Daniel Gibson, the songbird and part-time reality star hasn’t strayed too far from her formula of turbulent love tunes. Within the first verse Cole shares her distress with the listener as she fiercely sings, “Thinking of all your excuses, but they don’t add up/ Now it’s so easy to see you don’t deserve my love.” From there Cole goes on to flaunt her unique, powerhouse vocals with appropriate backing from DJ Camper‘s mellow, snap-laced production. If you’re in the market for more of Cole’s “turbulent love tunes” then look out for her forthcoming Woman To Woman album, which is due out before the year is up.
Update: The Benny Boom-directed video for Trust and Believe can be viewed by clicking “Watch” above or by scrolling below.
Written by Danielle H. on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.