Featured on our front page just yesterday, the first single off Keyshia Cole‘s sixth studio album found her threatening to “slap a b*tch like Rick James” in response to her partner’s infidelity. One day later, the pop songstress’s fury has largely subsided, giving way to the sad realization that “the love [they] had is gone.” On single numero dos, Next Time (Won’t Give My Heart Away), she ruefully shuts the door on the man in question, telling him, “I miss you but I can’t, can’t do this no more.” As she struggles with the decision to walk away, producer Amadeus accompanies her behind the boards, backing her vocals with sharp snares and warm synth harmonies. Featuring this poignant jam and much more, Cole’s next full-length currently lacks both a drop date and a title. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night ft. Keyshia Cole" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.