Featured on our front page just yesterday, the first single off Keyshia Cole‘s sixth studio album found her threatening to “slap a b*tch like Rick James” in response to her partner’s infidelity. One day later, the pop songstress’s fury has largely subsided, giving way to the sad realization that “the love [they] had is gone.” On single numero dos, Next Time (Won’t Give My Heart Away), she ruefully shuts the door on the man in question, telling him, “I miss you but I can’t, can’t do this no more.” As she struggles with the decision to walk away, producer Amadeus accompanies her behind the boards, backing her vocals with sharp snares and warm synth harmonies. Featuring this poignant jam and much more, Cole’s next full-length currently lacks both a drop date and a title. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night ft. Keyshia Cole" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.