Featured on our front page just yesterday, the first single off Keyshia Cole‘s sixth studio album found her threatening to “slap a b*tch like Rick James” in response to her partner’s infidelity. One day later, the pop songstress’s fury has largely subsided, giving way to the sad realization that “the love [they] had is gone.” On single numero dos, Next Time (Won’t Give My Heart Away), she ruefully shuts the door on the man in question, telling him, “I miss you but I can’t, can’t do this no more.” As she struggles with the decision to walk away, producer Amadeus accompanies her behind the boards, backing her vocals with sharp snares and warm synth harmonies. Featuring this poignant jam and much more, Cole’s next full-length currently lacks both a drop date and a title. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.