Considering that, aside from one essentially random release, it’s been more than three years since we’ve truly heard new material from Keyshia Cole, I think we can call this a comeback. Right? No matter what you call it, just call it her new single Enough Of No Love. Harmony (aka H-Money) comes through on the production end of the equation, crafting a beat that’s equal parts tough and beautiful, somehow combining a grinding bass line with soaring strings. For her part Keyshia obviously hasn’t lost a note, delivering exactly the kind of woman scorned vocals that first earned her deserved acclaim. And, just because no R&B single is complete these days without a rap superstar verse, Lil Wayne drops off a solid verse that punnily references Ca$hin Out: “I’m riding with a girl named Keyshia...” Personally, I can’t wait to watch Cole’s comeback come full circle with the release of a new album Woman To Woman, so far scheduled to drop by the end of the year. In the meantime, fans can catch new episodes of her reality show, Keyshia & Daniel: Family First, coming to BET soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night ft. Keyshia Cole" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)