Considering that, aside from one essentially random release, it’s been more than three years since we’ve truly heard new material from Keyshia Cole, I think we can call this a comeback. Right? No matter what you call it, just call it her new single Enough Of No Love. Harmony (aka H-Money) comes through on the production end of the equation, crafting a beat that’s equal parts tough and beautiful, somehow combining a grinding bass line with soaring strings. For her part Keyshia obviously hasn’t lost a note, delivering exactly the kind of woman scorned vocals that first earned her deserved acclaim. And, just because no R&B single is complete these days without a rap superstar verse, Lil Wayne drops off a solid verse that punnily references Ca$hin Out: “I’m riding with a girl named Keyshia...” Personally, I can’t wait to watch Cole’s comeback come full circle with the release of a new album Woman To Woman, so far scheduled to drop by the end of the year. In the meantime, fans can catch new episodes of her reality show, Keyshia & Daniel: Family First, coming to BET soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night ft. Keyshia Cole" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.