Considering that, aside from one essentially random release, it’s been more than three years since we’ve truly heard new material from Keyshia Cole, I think we can call this a comeback. Right? No matter what you call it, just call it her new single Enough Of No Love. Harmony (aka H-Money) comes through on the production end of the equation, crafting a beat that’s equal parts tough and beautiful, somehow combining a grinding bass line with soaring strings. For her part Keyshia obviously hasn’t lost a note, delivering exactly the kind of woman scorned vocals that first earned her deserved acclaim. And, just because no R&B single is complete these days without a rap superstar verse, Lil Wayne drops off a solid verse that punnily references Ca$hin Out: “I’m riding with a girl named Keyshia...” Personally, I can’t wait to watch Cole’s comeback come full circle with the release of a new album Woman To Woman, so far scheduled to drop by the end of the year. In the meantime, fans can catch new episodes of her reality show, Keyshia & Daniel: Family First, coming to BET soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.