Considering that, aside from one essentially random release, it’s been more than three years since we’ve truly heard new material from Keyshia Cole, I think we can call this a comeback. Right? No matter what you call it, just call it her new single Enough Of No Love. Harmony (aka H-Money) comes through on the production end of the equation, crafting a beat that’s equal parts tough and beautiful, somehow combining a grinding bass line with soaring strings. For her part Keyshia obviously hasn’t lost a note, delivering exactly the kind of woman scorned vocals that first earned her deserved acclaim. And, just because no R&B single is complete these days without a rap superstar verse, Lil Wayne drops off a solid verse that punnily references Ca$hin Out: “I’m riding with a girl named Keyshia...” Personally, I can’t wait to watch Cole’s comeback come full circle with the release of a new album Woman To Woman, so far scheduled to drop by the end of the year. In the meantime, fans can catch new episodes of her reality show, Keyshia & Daniel: Family First, coming to BET soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night ft. Keyshia Cole" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.