Absent from the Booth since mid-2009, Kevin Rudolf is back to Let It Rock once again with the lead single off his yet-untitled sophomore LP. I Made It finds the Cash Money singer/songwriter mining the same vein of pop appeal as he did so successfully back in ‘08, mixing arena-rock guitar with club-ready synths and, of course, a few well-chosen guest features. Both label boss Birdman and LIR collaborator Weezy join the headliner on the middle section of the record, the first stunting his way through a characteristically cash-crazy 16 and the latter following his adoptive father up with a little exultant braggadocio: “Came from the gutta lookin’ like my mother, made it to the goal line right out of the huddle.” Rounding out this triumphant cut’s guest lineup is Down hitmaker Jay Sean, who contributes his smooth vocal stylings on the back end. IMI‘s energy is undeniable, but does Kevin Rudolf’s patented hip-rock sound still hold the appeal it did when he first hit the scene? If you think so, keep it locked for the latest on his forthcoming full-length.
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.