Absent from the Booth since mid-2009, Kevin Rudolf is back to Let It Rock once again with the lead single off his yet-untitled sophomore LP. I Made It finds the Cash Money singer/songwriter mining the same vein of pop appeal as he did so successfully back in ‘08, mixing arena-rock guitar with club-ready synths and, of course, a few well-chosen guest features. Both label boss Birdman and LIR collaborator Weezy join the headliner on the middle section of the record, the first stunting his way through a characteristically cash-crazy 16 and the latter following his adoptive father up with a little exultant braggadocio: “Came from the gutta lookin’ like my mother, made it to the goal line right out of the huddle.” Rounding out this triumphant cut’s guest lineup is Down hitmaker Jay Sean, who contributes his smooth vocal stylings on the back end. IMI‘s energy is undeniable, but does Kevin Rudolf’s patented hip-rock sound still hold the appeal it did when he first hit the scene? If you think so, keep it locked for the latest on his forthcoming full-length.
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.