Absent from the Booth since mid-2009, Kevin Rudolf is back to Let It Rock once again with the lead single off his yet-untitled sophomore LP. I Made It finds the Cash Money singer/songwriter mining the same vein of pop appeal as he did so successfully back in ‘08, mixing arena-rock guitar with club-ready synths and, of course, a few well-chosen guest features. Both label boss Birdman and LIR collaborator Weezy join the headliner on the middle section of the record, the first stunting his way through a characteristically cash-crazy 16 and the latter following his adoptive father up with a little exultant braggadocio: “Came from the gutta lookin’ like my mother, made it to the goal line right out of the huddle.” Rounding out this triumphant cut’s guest lineup is Down hitmaker Jay Sean, who contributes his smooth vocal stylings on the back end. IMI‘s energy is undeniable, but does Kevin Rudolf’s patented hip-rock sound still hold the appeal it did when he first hit the scene? If you think so, keep it locked for the latest on his forthcoming full-length.
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let It Rock ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.